Although I’m not vegan, I will say I do enjoy eating vegan here & there. Therefore, regardless if you are vegan or not, if you enjoy eating healthy, I HIGHLY SUGGEST you try making these burgers. You won’t be disappointed.
What you need:
- 15oz can of black beans, dried & rinsed
- 3 sweet potates, cubed (skin on)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large garlic gloves (finely minced)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Let’s get cooking:
Once you finish cooking the quinoa & sweet potatoes, preheat the oven to 375 degrees…
- Mash half of the black beans in a bowl until paste-like, then add in the rest & give a light stir/mash to combine
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potato (each cube should be mashed, but not creamy)
- Stir in the salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, coriander, chili powder, cayenne & olive oil to potato bowl
- Mix in onion, garlic, corn, black beans, quinoa, sunflower seeds & oats until combined
- Form patties (roughly 1/2-3/4 inches thick) …should make about 8 patties
- Place each patty on a lightly greased pan & bake on each side for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven & serve (I like using sesame Ezekial bread as a bun) …garnish to taste as well!
From dinner to breakfast…
You’ll surely have leftovers so why not carry this healthy dinner onto breakfast?
Heat 1 vegan burger on a skillet on medium heat
Crack 2 eggs in a bowl, add in a splash of almond milk, & mix
Combine into skillet with vegan burger until eggs are scrambled in with the burger & enjoy!
Happy, healthy, eating! : )